Everything you need to know about the SASSA status check for the R350 covid relief grant, including payment dates and how to collect it. Also referred to as the SRD status check. The South African Social Security Agency publishes the SRD R350 Social Relief Grant Payment Schedule every month (SASSA). This is the organization in charge of distributing and providing government assistance for South Africa’s special Covid-19 Social Relief benefit. They are also in charge of distributing financial aid to recipients of disability grants and child support grant recipients. The African government established these various types of grants to assist disadvantaged or unemployed citizens
How Do I Check My SASSA Status 2023/2024?
There are several ways to check your sassa status and receive your R350 social grant payment. The Moya App on your smartphone is one way to check status. You can also check your SASSA SRD status using your cell phone via SMS or WhatsApp
Bank Account Payment
Receiving payments through your bank account is probably the most convenient and fastest way to receive the grant; you can also avoid queuing in person at the Post Office. The amounts for each month will be deposited into the beneficiary’s bank account in accordance with the grant application.Please keep in mind that the bank account information or cellular phone number provided for payment MUST be registered in the name of the approved applicant used in the Covid-19 R350 grant application process to ensure that payment reaches the intended recipients. When you run the sassa status check, any incorrect details will be highlighted. If you believe your bank account information is incorrect, you should update it by logging into the portal.
How to Update SASSA Banking Details for R350
If you are an approved beneficiary of the SASSA SRD R350 Grant, updating your SASSA banking details is simple; simply follow the steps below to get started
- Go to srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Click on the suitable button “SA ID Holder” or “Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders”.
- Scroll to “How do I change my banking details”.
- Submit your ID Number.
- An SMS containing a secure link, unique to you, will be sent to the mobile phone number with which you registered during the application.
- Click on the link in the SMS.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
sassa srd payment collection
You will only be able to collect the grant money once you have received an SMS confirmation that payment has been confirmed. After you’ve completed the sassa payment status check, use the table below to see the SRD Grant Payment Dates for this month.
Updates To Payment Collections
- SASSA grant payments are no longer distributed through Post Office branches (SAPO/Post Bank).
- The Bank Mobile Money Transfer (cash send option) is no longer available; this method was discontinued due to potential security concerns.
SASSA Social Grants payment dates for 2022 until March 2023
social grants will now be paid on the second of every month. SASSA has made the necessary changes to its payment calendar.
You can use your SASSA card to pay for groceries or withdraw cash from Pick n Pay locations.
It was also revealed that expired Sassa Postbank Gold Cards would be valid until December 2023.
How It Works-SASSA Card
- To collect their cash, all SASSA grant recipients can use their MasterCard SASSA card at till points and ATMs.
- The card can also be used to pay for groceries at any check-out location.
Why SASSA Status Check Pending?
Unfortunately, when many South Africans check their sassa status online application, it only says “pending,” and they are unable to receive the R350. The SASSA recently issued the following message on:
SASSA will clear outstanding payments from the previous cycle as soon as the bank details are confirmed.
The payments will not be made all at once, but rather month by month.
A payment may be made more than once in a month, but no one will receive double payments in amount.
SASSA will make these multiple payments in one month until the backlog is cleared, at which point monthly payments will resume.
Why is my Sassa R350 approved but I’m not getting paid?
There could be several reasons why your SASSA status check was approved but you have yet to be paid. Individuals who have been approved but have not yet been paid are likely to have outstanding bank accounts, bank accounts that have failed bank account verification, or bank accounts that are awaiting verification from either the National Treasury or those who chose Cash send payments. The application process may have gone smoothly, and you may have met the criteria for financial assistance. However, there have been ongoing issues with some banks and bank accounts that are still being worked on and improved.
What caused my SASSA Status Check to fail?
The sassa status check may be declined or failed for a variety of reasons, including:
- Although an additional source of income may have been identified, taking you above the minimum threshold, they have been unable to verify your unemployment grant status.
- You may already be registered for the NSFAS.
- Already registered with UIF
- It’s possible that the identity verification check failed
SASSA Status Check Outcomes and Explanations
|Sassa Status Check
|What Application Complete means?
|It means everything is okay, just wait and keep checking status of your SASSA application for your payment dates.
|What Bank details pending means?
|It means that you have to add your banking details to SASSA application.
|What Period Pending means?
|It means application was successfully received but verification of the application for the current period is pending.
|What Period Approved means?
|This means the application was approved for the period. Now you should wait for the payment date for this month.
|What period declined means?
|It means your application isn’t completely declined, it is just withheld until next payment period.
|What cancelled application means?
|It means your application has been declined, what you got to do now is to reapply.
|What “SASSA status check reapplication pending” means?
|If your income status recently fell below the poverty line then you were allowed to request reconsideration of your social relief grant srd r350 application until your financial status improves. If you filed an appeal but you forgot to add SRD grant payment method then you will still get SRD reconsideration pending status or reapplication pending SASSA R350 status.
|Can’t check SRD status?
|If you can’t check distress R350 grant status then you are missing the reference number of your application.
|When SASSA says approved?
|If your application passes all the requirements of SASSA then your status says approved and then you can check your payment date to go and collect the payment.
Reconsideration of Sassa Status Check
During the reconsideration process, they double-check personal information and income status to ensure that they are vulnerable individuals. This could be due to changes that have occurred since the application. There have recently been announcements of delays in processing reconsideration requests due to longer communication times with banks and financial institutions. Remember that in order to qualify for the covid-19 grant, African citizens must not be receiving any other government covid-19 response assistance.
How Do I Reconsider My R350 Grant?
If your Covid-19 SRD R350 grant online application status check shows ‘Reapplication Pending,’ you should dispute your R350 grant status as follows:
- Visit the SRD website at https://srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Tap the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ button.
- Then click ‘Click here to request reconsideration.’
- Please provide your South African ID number as well as your cellphone number.
- Submit the form by clicking the Submit button.
- Complete the remaining steps for payment reconsideration.
How To Use The SRD SASSA srd.sassa.gov.za Login
Grant applicants can also check the status of their SRD grant applications using the online service available on the SASSA website at srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Navigate to the SRD grant application status on the official SASSA website by clicking on the following link: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status
- Enter the applicant’s South African identity document number.
- Enter the phone number with which you submitted the application.
- Your assa status check will then be displayed in the drop-down menu on the following page.
SASSA Contact Information
SASSA can be reached at the following numbers:
Toll-Free Number for SASSA: 0800 60 10 11.
SASSA Headquarters: 012 400 2322
Grantsenquiries@sassa.gov.za is the SASSA Head Office’s email address.
There are also SASSA offices located throughout South Africa. The full list is available on the SASSA website.
Mr. Matlou Themba
Tel: 011 241 8320 Fax: 011 241 8305 E-Mail: GrantsEnquiriesGP@sassa.gov.za