Mining may be a centuries-old activity, but at Anglo American, we are pushing the boundaries to make a positive change towards truly modern, safe, and productive mines.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
How do we do this? By questioning the way things have always been done and actively developing solutions to find new ways of working.
You want to challenge the status quo. That’s why we want you.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us in our Platinum business.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We’re looking for talented Instrumentation Specialist who share our values and our belief in a better future for mining. Could you be one of them?
Join us as an Instrumentation Specialist and provide dedicated technical and operational systems support to the process division at Waterval Smelter where you will be leading a team of Senior Instrumentation Technicians. Contributes to the development of the strategic operational plans and strategy but has direct accountability for the execution of such strategies within the area of accountability.
- Support on Control Solution projects as well as the group engineering strategy
- Audit high risk and safety critical areas
- Analyse and identify problems on the current control solution
- System trouble shooting and hardware problems resolution
- Technical solutions, improvements for problematic control equipment
- Calibration and maintenance of all equipment within the control solution
- Training and development of end users
- Assisting and commissioning for onsite projects
This role is in the Engineering department at a Band 6 level reporting to the Instrumentation Engineer/Section Engineering Manager
- National Technical Diploma or N6 Instrumentation or Electrical
- BTech Instrumentation and Control Engineering or equivalent is advantageous
- Registered as a Professional Engineering Technician with ECSA is advantageous
- Valid South African Drivers license
- 5 years’ experience as a technician within the furnace environment
- 2 years relevant management experience
- Project management experience
- Advanced computer literacy
- English literate
- Medically fit
- Hand / eye-co-ordination
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities, and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 07/09/2023